Tuesday, October 21, 2008



It is about time I updated on what has been going on this month! I have been very busy working on Halloween costumes. Three of the kids requested new ones this year, the other three are using costumes we already have. I have been in a sewing frenzy, trying to get the costumes done in time for the kids to wear to the ward party last Friday. Here are the results:

Charity as the Disney Fairy Rani
Gracie as a pioneer girl.
Tim as Peter Pan, without the green pants, I'm still working on those.



I'll post pictures of all the kids in their costumes after Halloween.
The ward party was our annual chili, salsa, and cookie cook-off, as well as carnival for the kids. Here Dad is helping Tab and Tim decorate cookies.
Speaking of decorating cookies, we also did our traditional Halloween cookie decorating at home.
Tim loves to help make the frosting.
Charity can't resist the treats!
Jeremy prefers his cookies frosting free.
The aftermath:
We ate a bunch of cookies, but also delivered plates to friends in the neighborhood.
Tonight Dad and Charity are off to the Daddy Daughter Halloween party for Activity Days. Of course they had to dress up.
George borrowed some threads from a Harley riding friend of ours, and a, um, bike from another friend to complete the look.
Last but not least on my list of things to do in October is to pull out the winter gear. It is a little cool in the mornings when the kids leave for school.
Tim loves his new out fittings.

4 comments:

Gabriela said...

cute photos-the last is my favorite.

Halloween is slipping by me this year. I just don't feel as festive as I normally do. I think it's the hot sticky weather.

The cookies look yummy!

Anonymous said...

Love the cookies and fun night. I've never had much patience for cut out cookies and decorating...I think I might try it again!

The winter stuff is out here too...it's time to be prepared, even though the snow might not fly for weeks.

Have a great Halloween week!

Ballerina Girl said...

That last picture is so precious....
kids are such a treasure! I love having them!
You sound like a very busy lady!
Missed your goings on, but knew that you'd be back!
Can't wait to hear more!
We had fun alst weekend doing Halloween cookies too...I love cut-outs!
Have a great weekend
BG

Jeanette said...

Love the costumes.
We always make cookie and then let the kids get in their costumes to go and deliver them to friends.