Every year we do these things.
Every year I end up sewing costumes for my children. Never have I made six costumes in one year, but every year I end up in a sewing frenzy and searching stores for the accessories they "need" and I have to ask myself, "Why?"
Why, when I have a box of dress ups that I can't even get the lid on, and when the costumes I spent a lot of time constructing last year still fit, do I keep doing this every year?
Mostly, because my kids are only kids once. The magic of Halloween changes as you grow up. I can't help but want them to have fun memories in the costumes their mom made for them when they were kids. But also it's partly because (lucky for them) I like to sew and just seem to be in the mood for some creativity when the weather starts to change. This year I made three costumes, two children wore the same ones as last year (a miracle) and one child chose something from the dress up box.
They all looked fabulous and, except perhaps for an overload of candy, they had a magical Halloween. Didn't I warn them what all that candy would do to their teeth?
4 comments:
I know what you mean...the night goes so fast and the afternoon before they go out I think, "was it worth all that running around?"
And after it's all done--"yes, it was!" Such good memories and time spent together with family.
I LOVE the spider web!! And the kids look great too! Glad it was worth it for you too.
I loved HAlloween too...and hope my kids get a sense of what it is even though they do not trick or treat..alas, who knows if they will without dragging a big heavy bag of candy home!
So, my question is...are you going to test out the peanut butter on the wall theory...hahahah, so cute!
Have a great week
BG
Aww. What a cutie! Halloween is a strange holiday. But such fun! And you know you love making the costumes. One day when they no longer need one, you'll feel bereft and ....
Cute!
I do the same thing every year. I was sewing at 11:00 pm the night before! LOL!
Post a Comment