I can never take my little kids with me to the store when I am in a bad mood. The first reason is obvious, who wants to drag kids through a shopping trip when you are already dragging yourself? The second reason is that I am in danger of being cheered up by some kind person who wants to get a smile out of my children. It's hard to be grumpy when complete stranger is making a funny face, asking silly questions, or is generally acting in a way that would be considered insane if it were directed toward an adult. What is it about little kids that can help complete strangers share a smile or a conversation or even just a knowing nod of understanding? Honestly, I can't help waiving at a little cutie passing by in another shopping cart either.
Today as I pushed a grocery cart with my twins in it out of the store we were approached by a lovely elderly lady. She looked at the kids in the cart and said with a grin on her face,"I never got a ride like that when I was a handsome young boy!" Surely she was telling the truth! We both laughed as I pushed on; I think she realized her mistake and that made us both giggle a little more.
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi..I am glad that you came to my blog! I enjoyed yours...
and it is funny, just last night I was with a friend who has a baby about 14 months old. We were at our club for dinner with a lot of open space and the baby was toddling around, and in came a little old lady to eat also. She had such a smile on her face the whole time watching him.
There is such a special unspoken bond between the elderly and babies....
well, hope you have a good day and chat with you again, I hope!
BG
Post a Comment