I thought I'd try my hand at cleaning out the pipes under the bathroom sink so my husband would have one less thing on his "to do" list for the weekend. I totally underestimated the grossness of that job. Let me tell you, there is much more slowing the flow than just hair in the drain at our house. I wasn’t sure which of the two jobs I did this morning ranked higher in
gross-out factor, cleaning gray slime from the pipes or trimming fat off of raw chicken. At least the chicken didn't stink. Ewwww.
Our caterpillars, at last glance, are still alive. The very afternoon we brought them home my 10 year old son was telling me he thought the caterpillars were about to start “pupatating”. I don't know how he could tell but, lo and behold! One began to spin its chrysalis that very evening. I am not sure the others are going to fare so well, they don’t seem to be eating the fresh leaves from our yard we have been putting in. They must be picky eaters. Unless I can fit in another trip to the park where we found them to get leaves, I fear their picky palates will do them in.
Our caterpillars, at last glance, are still alive. The very afternoon we brought them home my 10 year old son was telling me he thought the caterpillars were about to start “pupatating”. I don't know how he could tell but, lo and behold! One began to spin its chrysalis that very evening. I am not sure the others are going to fare so well, they don’t seem to be eating the fresh leaves from our yard we have been putting in. They must be picky eaters. Unless I can fit in another trip to the park where we found them to get leaves, I fear their picky palates will do them in.
The white fuzzy thing at the bottom center is a cocoon. I don't think you can see it in the picture, but the caterpillar to the top left appears to be in the process of spinning as well. Maybe there is hope for that one!
1 comment:
sorry about the sink guck nasty- only worse when my husband had to take of our toilet because my son flushed my glasses- I love your caterpillar we go through many round of creatures in containers here- and yep my hands are full with 3 what a wimp i am -- come around anytime!
Post a Comment