Friday, April 18, 2008

A Sure Sign of Spring

My plans of shooting some pictures of the kids for a project I am working on today were foiled. I took the kids to a park to play and hopefully get them to pose for some head shots. As they headed to the playground I searched for a place with the right lighting and background. I was excited to see some big boulders in under a tree that would be perfect. However on closer inspection we found the whole area was crawling with these:
Who can sit still when there are fuzzy things wiggling past your fingers and toes? I didn't even try to get the pictures; instead I joined the kids in spotting caterpillar after caterpillar. My four year old son was ecstatic when he picked one up with a stick. The kids soon joined forces with some other children and by the time we were ready to leave they had collected over twenty. We ended up bringing home four. Hopefully the magic will continue and we will be able to take them back to the park and release them as butterflies or moths.

No comments: