Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I Must Have Missed a Pocket

Yesterday a salesman came to my door. He had a magic solution to solve all of my cleaning needs. He cleaned rust off my driveway, he cleaned a spot off my carpet. He shined up my five year old's tennis shoe. He claimed he could clean any stain except mustard. Yet, as all my funds are tied up in wrapping paper this month, I did not buy.

He was a day too early, one day shy of witnessing my orange-crayon-in-the-dryer disaster. Orange. Crayon. In. My. Dryer. With clothes. New school clothes. Orange wax in a hot dryer with new school clothes. You get the idea.

If that man's miracle cleaner could have taken melted, dried on wax out of fabrics, I would have kissed his shiny tennis shoes on my rust free driveway and sent him on his way with a fat wallet. Sigh.

3 comments:

Nettie said...

We've had the crayon in the dryer episode way to many times. Crayola.com has the answers to cleaning up the stuff. It involved WD40 and dish soap. My son kept sticking crayons in his pocket in kindergarten, till we finally made him clean it up. He never did it again!

Karla said...

Thanks Nettie! They've got quite a recipe over there!

utmommy said...

I hate when that happens. The money is never there when we want it.

I had multiple crayons in my dryer on Christmas Eve, with all of my whites. It was horrible. I was fuming, instead of trying to be all jolly. I used WD40 too. And it worked, although I thought I would pass out from all the fumes.