Thursday, September 14, 2006

There Goes Bed Time . . .

In a couple of days life as I know it will change forever. There will be no more cribs with boundaries for the twins. No more separation from the toys, only inches away from their chubby little hands, as they lay in their beds fighting off sleep. No more me laying in my bed, listening to the twins giggle back and forth to each other, thinking I can still sneak in a couple more winks before they start calling my name.

In a couple of days the twins will move into "Big Beds."

I shall now expect more night time visitors in my bed, more kids poking their heads out after bed time. More jumping on the beds, more toys shoved under the bed. More bedding to wash and more messes in the bedrooms in the morning than when I put them to bed at night.

And worst of all, one more way my babies are growing up.

5 comments:

The Amazing Trips said...

Why?!?! WHY?!?!?

You mean they can't stay in cribs forever?!?!

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize you had twins. Wow! Yes, that will be a hard transistion. Good luck! I wish I could still put my 3 1/2 year old in a crib, the kid won't stay in his bed to save his life.

utmommy said...

Crib to bed transition is so hard. Hope you survive. My baby has been out of a crib for 2 1/2 years now. I can't believe it.

Undercover Angel said...

It's hard when they start to grow up isn't it... Weaning from the bottle, potty training, moving to big beds...all of those things remind us that someday our babies won't be babies anymore. In reality though, they will always be our babies no matter how big they get...

Kristine said...

I'm debating this with my baby...and putting it off for as long as possible.

Good luck...