Occasionally we have a little trouble getting the truth out of Tabitha. And occasionally she still doesn't quite make it to the bathroom. Today was a day we had trouble with both. To her credit she tried to clean up her potty mess as best she could without me knowing so she wouldn't get in trouble. When I found what was left of the mess I asked her, "Tabitha, who wiped poop on the bed?"
"I don't know," she answered, in spite of the fact that she, for some reason, had changed clothes.
"I know Tim didn't do it," I said, "and the big kids didn't do it. Who did it?"
She paused for just a second, looking oh so innocent, then said, "Daddy did it."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Creativity should be rewarded. Right after you appropriately discourage lying.
wow, well...
how did you keep from laughing?!
I guess just a little bit of encouragement might help her get over it? who knows, she has a quick thinking process though!
Happy weekend!
BG
That's hilarious. I bet your husband cracked up.
I love the post about your "babies". They are so cute. Enjoy the year with them. :)
I love those Oh So Honest declarations! Daddy did it!! Of course he did!
I'm sure your blog is the last place you hope to find unsolicited advice but I have to share what I learned about kids lying. Don't ever ask a question you know the answer to. You don't want to trap them in a lie. If you know they did something, you confront them with it as a statement, not a question. It really does work wonders with the whole lying business.
You really ought to talk to your husband about not smearing poop on the bed. =)
Thanks for sharing. It's nice to know our kid aren't the only ones who have gone through the fibbing stage. My dad always said he could tell by looking in my eyes if I lied, and I'm sure he could!
Post a Comment