My husband was laughing at me -- my last post was about my brain being fried from spending too much time on the computer, and then it took me a couple weeks to get back to posting! No, my brain did not fry, but maybe subconsciously it has been keeping me away from the screen.
It's funny how much busier I seem to be now that school is back in session. I am really taking the time to enjoy this last year I have with Tim and Tab. With the other kids, except Gracie, I felt like I still had one more year of having them home with me a lot during the day, but these two will be going to full day kindergarten next year, just like Gracie did.
I guess I can't say I have "one on one" time with them, because obviously there are two of them, but I have the opportunity to do some things that I didn't do much of with the older kids because I always had a baby or a toddler (or two) in tow.
I am having some really bittersweet emotions lately. Tim and Tab are my "babies," and they are growing up. I really feel that I am coming to an end of an era in my life. I've had a strong impression that I should make a record this year, writing about and taking pictures of the ways the three of us spend time together before they enter the realm of "big kids" next August. I will be toting the camera around quite a bit, as if I didn't already have it out enough, recording some of our regular outings as well as some extra fun ones.
For starters, we try to make some of the little things we do a little more fun. We enjoy walking to and from preschool, picking dandelions, watching "worker mans" repairing the street, and chasing butterflies, but lately this is the preferred mode of transportation:
Sometimes I have to run to keep up!
I try to get them to the library every other week. They love the computer games there and have caught on quickly on how to use a mouse (we have a laptop at home).
We spend some time reading, check out new books, and then on the way out they like to put in their two cents - in the fountain that is! 
We spend some time reading, check out new books, and then on the way out they like to put in their two cents - in the fountain that is! 
2 comments:
That's such a great idea...blogging is a great way to remember these special things, even if they are just everyday things. It's surprising to me how much I do forget as time passes; when I go back and read old blog entries I've already forgotten stuff!
(Have you looked at blurb.com to slurp your blog into a coffee table book?).
so much fun...enjoy it!
time goes by so quickly doesn't it?
BG
Post a Comment