Friday, June 16, 2006

Father's Day - Check

I think I'm safe to post this since the man of the house doesn't usually get on the net during the weekend. We are just about done with his Father's Day gift from the kids. My friend came up with this cute idea of making a mini scrapbook with pictures of the kid's feet. (this is where I'm really wishing I had ordered that digital camera already). We took a plain 5"x5"ish spiral bound scrap book and decorated the front with some scrapbook paper that had the words "dad" and "hero" and stuff like that on it. On the first page we took a quote from Helaman 3:20 (Book of Mormon) that said,". . . he did observe to keep the statutes; and the judgments; and the commandments of God; and he did do that which was right in the sight of God continually; and he did walk after the ways of his father . . ." only we changed the he to they and bolded a few key words like keep, commandments, and walk after the ways of his father. Then we took pictures of each of the kids' feet. Each kid gets to write a little note to their dad in the scrapbook next to their picture. The pictures turned out really cute. Gracie's little toes are all curled up in the grass. We did think after the fact that we should have had the pictures done in sepia. But they look cute anyway and I think it will make a nice little gift that Daddy can hang on to for a long time.

4 comments:

The Amazing Trips said...

I love it - what a great idea!

We did footprints of the babies when they were just a few weeks old, in clay. I was looking at those the other day, comparing the size of "then" to "now" ... it is incredible that they have grown so much. I know that these 'prints' will be something I will treasure forever. Little feet - - they are so adorable. :)

Have a great weekend!

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

What a fantastic idea! I might use it when Boy's older!

snowelf said...

I totally loved that idea, too. So, so sweet and so incredibly personal.

utmommy said...

That is such a cute idea. We put handprints on a T-shirt, for DH. Then, I wrote on it: Hands full of love. Hopefully he'll like it.