Some women are so brave as to post their weight on their blogs. As for myself, being fiercely protective of my children, I have chosen to be an anonymous blogger (except to both of you in RL that I have admitted that I blog to), therefore I'm not sure it would mean much if I did post my weight. And besides, seeing it in black and white before my very eyes is worse than saying it out loud. Which I NEVER do. Suffice it to say, I could stand to loose a few. But I must not look too bad because I get comments like this:
"You look GREAT for having SIX KIDS!"
I know this is meant as a compliment, and I always graciously accept it as such, but in the back of my mind I am thinking, "What the heck is that supposed to mean?" Is there some kind of poundage allowance for each pregnancy you've had? Do I barely squeak under the allotted amount for six kids because I got two in one pregnancy? Are they really saying, in a very polite way, "It's okay that you are a little pudgy, because your body has been through so much trauma."
Somehow I think I should weigh less for having six kids. Yeah, I always carry over a little extra weight after each baby, but shouldn't all the work I put in to caring for that kid shift my body into calorie burning over drive? Especially with toddler twins. I should be allowed to eat 6,000 calories a day and come out negative by the time the kids are in bed. At least it feels that way. Sigh.
I guess the stress eating doesn't help with anything. Maybe what they are thinking when they tell me that is, "If I had your six kids I'd be keeping Hershey's in business single handedly."
On another note:
As Gracie was saying our family prayer she asked to "please bless Luke that he will close his eyes and fold his arms during the prayer." No mention her help herself keep her eyes closed.
Monday, June 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
As a woman who does not get told how good I look for having had 5 children, take it as a supreme compliment. I must look like what they expect a mom of many to look like. I say grab the compliments when you can.
Definitely grab compliments, like Oshee said. A neighbor is the mother to 11 and gets the "You have that many kids and you look that good!" compliment all the time. Thing is, she really does look fantastic. Sometimes the kids qualifier doesn't mean anything.
Take any compliments, they really help me.
By the way, I changed my blog to Just the Six of Us, in case you were interested. Hope to see you there!
I know what you mean about the extra calorie allowance. How can you be so exhausted at the end of the day yet not have burnt up an entire elephants weight in fat?! I don't understand it ... I only know that from the ages of 15-30 I wanted to put on weight, then two kids later I don't understand where the weight is coming from!
I agree with the calorie allowance, too. Running after toddlers should burn off some of those calories that I consume, right? Your little girl sounds so cute. I love children's prayers.:)
I also can not figure out how I can spend all day on my feet, chasing kids, breaking up fights, running to save them from toppeling off something, running to answer the phone and the call of "mom help!", not to mention making milk, making dinner, changing diapers, changing bedding, ...you get the idea; and not burn a million calories, it is NOT fair!
I remember reading up on breastfeeding before I had my first child and seeing all of the testimonials about how the pounds just dropped right off because of nursing. I have long since awakened to the reality that these people must exist on nothing more than Saltines and water because that weight does not come off so easy!
Post a Comment