Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Thoughts about a National "Fast Toy" Chain

Conversation overheard between two mothers at swim lessons today:

First Mom, "I think we might go to (national fast food chain owned by a clown) today, if they have a different toy."

Second Mom, "Yeah, I have about a million of those blue cars around my house, when are they going to give out a different one?"

First Mom, "So and so called last Thursday and they said to come the next day and they'd have the new toy. So she went the next day and they were still giving out the blue cars!"

Me (thinking) Wow, they are making a big deal out of those dumb little toys that I throw away the second my kids loose interest.

Me (remembering) Oh yeah, just the other week I drove my kids across town because the nearest clown restaurant was out of toys.

Me (remembering some more) The kids always leave half of their "joyful meals" untouched and run off to play in the play place with their new little treasure.

Me (making a conclusion) It's not the food that keeps the kids wanting more, it's those darn toys that I keep throwing away.

Me some more (making a mental note) Maybe I should put their meals in a cardboard box with a junky plastic wrapped toy. Maybe they would get more happy about my meals.

Something to consider on Beef Stroganoff night . . .

7 comments:

Gina said...

Genius!!!!!!

Nettie said...

And less dishes to wash! Very clever.

Lana said...

HA HA!!!

Yep, sometimes I think why don't we skip the vacation and go to McD too.

Every year we say "next year we're just staying home" but...

Gina Conroy said...

So, true about those toys. Can't wait until mine out grow the happy meals!

Anonymous said...

Less is more, except where having children is concerned!

snowelf said...

I constantly throw those toys away too..well, okay, i donate them to my sitter, but still... and my poor deprived kids RARELY get Happy clown food...which makes me a "mean mom" ;) I am So thrilled they have started offering chocolate mlk though!!
And I do have to say, the toddler toys are really nice at least.

Super Happy Girl said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who throws (used to) away those cheap-goofy toys. Short attention span.

That's such a good idea, you might be onto something here. Brilliant!