Monday, July 24, 2006

Calling All Princesses

If the princess fairy tales were true:

The dating scene could be eliminated by taking a trip to your local pond and kissing the first talking amphibian you see.

Having your toddler pull on your hair would be no big deal after hoisting a 200 lb prince up a tower with your tresses.

You could determine the worthiness of your suitor by placing a pea under his mattress.

All step mothers would be evil.

Looks would be all that matters, because love at first sight always results in happily ever after.

You wouldn't mind housework. Washing your prince's boxers is way better than scrubbing the floors for your evil step mother.

An unhappy princess could be instantly cured of her sourness by the right prince.

You would never be able to accept produce from strangers.

No one, not even some one with the same sized foot, could ever borrow your shoes.

You could go dancing in glass shoes.

If things aren't going your way, just wait for your fairy godmother or knight in shining armor to show up.

You might find yourself given away as a reward for dragon slaying. But that would be okay because what other trait would you need in a man besides dragon slaying?

3 comments:

The Amazing Trips said...

I love it.

So much of this is applicable for me. I mean, it doesn't hurt at ALL when my kids dangle themselves, with all of their body weight, from my ponytail.

Does that mean I'm a princess? I never looked at it that way before!!!

Blackeyedsue said...

Yeah, I don't believe in fairy tales...that stinkin' Fairy Godmother has yet to show up.

utmommy said...

That would be perfect now wouldn't it?