It is that time of year when visitors start coming to town and I begin to ask myself, "Why didn't I do any spring cleaning?" (Of course I have some really good excuses, but I still wonder why I didn't squeeze just a little bit in.)
Had I done spring cleaning I would not be in the dilemma I am now in. It is just not conceivable to have guests from out of state come and see my home in it's current condition. Thus I must clean like a madwoman for several days, yell at the kids to keep their stuff put away, moan at the Kool Aid spills and other "accidents" and thoroughly stress myself out until the guests arrive. Then I put on s smiling face and pretend that my home is always sparkley and clean.
Funny, when my parents visit I clean because I want them to be comfortable. When My FIL comes I want the house to be clean so that he won't trip over anything when he gets up to use the bathroom at night. When my SIL (who has Lysol or something for blood) and her family come I want it to be clean to prove to myself that I can have two more kids than her and still have just as clean of a house as she does. I've never admitted it before, but it's true.
So onward I go, wiping floor boards, cleaning all those spots on the carpet, dusting the ceiling fans, polishing the cabinets, scrubbing the grout . . .
Maybe I can fool her for one more year.
Monday, July 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My SIL has lysol for blood, too.
She demands that you take your shoes off at her house because she scrubs her floors on her hands and knees every Saturday, and--here's the kicker, she changes her son's diaper every 30 minutes or less.
No.I'm.Not.Kidding.
I keep a normally clean house 90% of the time, but it can quickly go to shambles just like everyone else's, I think my SIL uses scare tactics to keep everything in it's place. I don't even think the dust settles there. It's craziness, I tell you.
Post a Comment