My husband is back in town!!!!!!!!!! After a ten day absence, having your spouse return in worth at least ten exclamation marks. He got home around 3:00am so (obviously) the kids were all in bed. He slept in while I got up and started getting the kids ready to go to a local splash park so that he could rest in peace. Apparently he was not as drowsy as I would have been; when I tried to sneak into our room to grab my swim suit he was showered and dressed.
When he came out he was greeted by shouts of "Daddy!" and lots of hugs. One of my sons was still in his room and missed the whole hullabaloo. When he came to tell me something he walked right past his father, not even noticing him. We had to point him out.
We spent the morning together playing at the splash park and having fun with Dad. Tonight we are off to a bar-b-que. At 7:30. Who starts a bar-b-que at 7:30? Someone who doesn't have little kids. Don't they know that gives us exactly one hour to eat, socialize, eat, chase kids around, clean up their spills, apologize for the mess, and drive home in time to put the kids to bed? I didn't even get to get out of making dinner - what kid can wait until 7:30 to eat dinner? Oh, well. We're off to see how the other half live. . . . (the other half with grown kids).
Thursday, July 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It's alaways so nice when daddy comes home. My kids attack him, he's always got to be on the look out.
That is so great. My kids miss their Dad. He does put them to bed three nights a week. You and your children are blessed.
And yes, folks without children just don't get the early bedtime thing. Or they forget when the kids get older.
Aw heck ... I would've just brought our kids to the shindig IN their PJ's. I'd most definitely have to agree, though. Anyone who starts a BBQ at 730 doesn't have children. If it was us ... we'd be starting at 4!
Glad that DH is home. What a wonderful relief! (Has he been back since the yard flooded? Did I miss that??) :)
Yay!! Hopefully this will help you get some sleep at night too. :)
My kids are usually all tucked in by 8pm at the latest. My childless friends are always making fun of me for eating dinner at five--but wait til they have kids--they'll see!! ;)
Hope you are doing well!!
Post a Comment