Saturday, July 22, 2006

This Is More Like It. . .

I am having withdrawals. I have barely touched my computer for the last week. It just ain't right. To those of you who still visited me during my absence, I am so sorry for the disappointment.

The excuse and the drama: My husband is on a ten day trip to The East, leaving me home here in The West with all my kiddos. We are now on day eight, and only surviving due to the fact that my mother, to whom I shall sing praises for many years for this one simple act, flew in and stayed with us for one week. She kept us busy taking us to McDonalds, shopping for school clothes, and generally spoiling the kids. Then when she went to bed about three hours before me (after she read about ten princess stories to my daughters) she slept in the room with my computer. Although she probably wouldn't have minded if I sat and typed while she slept, I didn't have the heart to keep my saving grace from getting a full nights sleep.

I have to give my kids credit for being pretty good kids. Our days are not without a few hiccoughs, but they get along well and sometimes even listen to their mother. But being their sole adult resource for ten days, and not having much opportunity to go to the store or get out of the house alone for a few minutes for such a stretch would have been trying to say the least.

So to wrap up this rambling post I just have to say:

THANK HEAVENS FOR GRANDMAS!!!!

Now, I have a weeks worth of blogs to catch up on . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No kidding! I do it every day. You don't truly appreciate the presence of a second loving adult in the home until ...you don't have one. Flying solo is very hard.

And I am so glad that your Mom came to help.