Monday, July 03, 2006

Ways My Kids Think They Are Being Sneaky, But They Are Not

Walk past their dad and quietly ask me to come see if their is clean enough before bedtime, knowing that I am much more worn out and therefore slightly more lenient than their father is.

Wait until I get into the shower to practice piano and then swear that they reviewed everything five times.

Tell me they are hungry before snack time and then ask me if I am going to take a nap.

Push everything under their bed instead of putting it away.

Say they flushed when there is obvious evidence to the contrary.

Say they brushed their teeth when there is not a hint of minty freshness on their breath.

Sneak popsicles and fruit roll ups and then leave the wrappers on the floor.

Swear the crackers they are sneaking out of the pantry right before dinner are for the toddlers.

Say, "Don't watch me, Mom" and then think I'm really not watching them do something I just told them not to.

4 comments:

Nettie said...

Typical mom, you have eyes in the back of your head, too!

Anonymous said...

We have to same kids! I love the under the bed one. Or behind their door. They just don't get yet that they look guilty as hell when they have done something.

The Amazing Trips said...

Gosh - I have stuff I could add to that, but it all has to do with me. I'll tell my DH, "I'm going to do the finances, please keep your eyes on the babies for a few minutes." And when he comes in to check on me half an hour later, I'm either fast asleep - or updating the blog.

It's like he always knows what I'm doing ... how 'bout that?! If he is so wise to my ways ... I fear our kids won't stand a chance!!

snowelf said...

Kids are definitely universal!! :)