Monday, July 17, 2006

National "Fast Toy" Chain Again

This afternoon Grandma treated the kids to "Joyful Meals" at a national fast food restaurant.

Oh, the anticipation. What toy will we get this time? Can we stare at the plastic case displaying the possibilities until our food arrives?

I've got to hand it to the restaurant this time. What could be more exciting than a play place full of twenty kids wielding plastic blow-up swords? And from a movie that is not exactly kid-oriented?

After all the swashbuckling that took place over lunch today, I'm amazed that the swords didn't spring leaks. If I could have only been so lucky.

3 comments:

Ashley Lasbury said...

Hate 'em...with a passion. They never get the ones that they want or they each get a different one and then covet what the other has or they break within seconds of the first use!

I swore off of McChains several years ago and have never been happier.

utmommy said...

I can't tell you how many of those darn toys we have. We keep saying that we aren't going to let them get a toy next time, but for some reason it never works.

Beck said...

My kids have the self-same inflatable swords and I suspect that they're made from plutonium, since they've been involved in many, many sword fights and are still intact. I'm thinking a pin might be called for...