Saturday, May 10, 2008

Bye Bye Little Potty Chairs

Yes, it is time to move on, move up. We have held on to you for too long, like a crutch. When it is time for the family to go out and the call rings out, "Everybody go potty and get your shoes on!" it has been wonderful that twice as many kids could "go" at a time with you around. Your size has been kind to our petite twins. You are fast and easy to get on and off of. The twins loved you from the moment we brought you home. But they are four now. And, frankly, you stink. It is time for the kids to move up to the big flushies where at least, when (not if) they forget to send their product to the sewer, there is water to help diffuse the smell. I am tired of cleaning you. I am tired of having your contents spilled on the floor. I am tired of having no floor space in the bathroom. I am sorry, but it is really time for you to go.
Besides, the real toilets are much more useful.
My oldest son drinking from a toilet at the Exlporatorium museum in San Fransisco.

1 comment:

Ballerina Girl said...

Love the picture and this post! So eloquent for something so utilitarian :)
Happy Mother's Day!
BG