Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The End is Near!

The end of the school year, that is! It is now the time of year when we get to go to about one million performances and programs to see what our children have been learning all year. So far this month I have been to two choir performances and two class programs. Yet to come: 5th grade violin recital and preschool "graduation" (even though they will still be in preschool another year).

Charity smiling while performing with her class.


The kids are always so excited to perform for us. My husband and I have struggled this year because we have a lot of conflicts between all the performances and the girls' softball and the boys' scouts. We've had to use the "divide and conquer" method, which means we each have to miss something. That's why we have cameras, so we can share moments like this even when we are not actually there is person. The kids have been really good about it and haven't complained. I feel a little bad that it's kind of a part of their lives that we both can't be to everything. But I try not to beat myself up about it, at least one of us is always there to support them.

2 comments:

Gina said...

I think you've done the best you both can do and what more could sweet kids ask for. The desire is there and like you say, you document it so the other can see the highlights. They are fortunate kiddos to have so many neat things to participate in.

Ballerina Girl said...

What a happy girl!! Your kids are lucky that you both try to make it to their shows. It is very difficult!
I love the poem...so sweet and from the heart.
BG