Saturday, May 24, 2008

Use it Up, Wear it Out,

make it do, or do without . . .

I always think of this old pioneer saying when I am mending, something that I do not get around to often enough. I pulled out the sewing machine today to sew up some cut offs and ended up patching up Tim's blanket while I was at it. Not the greatest patch job, but he's happy.


I probably should have patched up my oldest son's blanket a long time ago, but considering it is twelve years old I guess I can't be too hard on myself about it's condition.


He keeps it tucked into his pillowcase, a little bit of childhood he is hanging on to. Every time it goes through the wash I'm afraid it will disintegrate.

3 comments:

I have a good life said...

That is sweet. At some point, right when it finally goes, he will be okay with it being gone. So glad you took a picture of it...so he can remember it forever!

Gina said...

That is so great! I wonder if my little guy will hang on that long too.

Ballerina Girl said...

my 9 year old has a blanket that he keeps also. We had to cut off all the corners because he chewed on them...boy they stunk and were so messy!
Luckily he got out of the nibbling corner phase and now just sleeps with it...still!
BG