Tomorrow is the last day of school. For those of you who still have weeks to go, we start back mid-August, so we'll probably be in school while you are still havin' fun in the sun. The elementary kids have their water party today, and my intermediate school kid took candy to eat through his first three classes. Tomorrow is a ridiculously short day (2 hours, 15 min) but I guess law requires a certain number of school days. I'm sure the kids will enjoy one last day hanging out with their classes.
Summer Vacation Countdown:
Reasons I Can't Wait For Summer
#7 No packing school lunches. I don't know why I hate packing the lunches so much. I guess because it is just one more thing for me to do at the end of the day, or first thing in the morning. I tried to have the kids do their own lunches for a while, but it just didn't work out because it was one more thing for me to try to get them to do at the end of the day or first thing in the morning. My oldest kid who probably would do it without a fuss buys lunch everyday.
Silly me, when summer is here they will be fixing their lunches at home and dirtying dishes and eating twice as much as if they took a lunch to school. Our grocery bill will increase significantly! I guess when summer is over I'll be glad to pack them lunches again!
No comments:
Post a Comment