Tuesday, June 24, 2008

And They're Off!

My two oldest boys took off on an adventure yesterday morning. My mom came into town on Friday, spent the weekend with us, and then flew the two boys back home with her. They get to spend a full week with Grandma and Grandpa without having to share them with the younger kids. They were so excited to go on the trip and their first airplane ride. Here they are in the airport Monday morning:

The decision was made that the boys would not have me lock the door to their room while they are away after promises were extracted from their siblings that whoever went in there to play with the Legos would clean them up (was that a run on sentance?). Still, I found this sign on their door:


Today I am cleaning out out pantry and taking stock of the food storage items I have in there. Sometimes kids can really make it hard for you to get a job done, or they make it a little more fun. This time Tim was helping me carry some of the big #10 cans out of the pantry. I was amazed that his little four year old body could carry them, some were really heavy! While I was busy organizing other things he arranged the cans to make the outline of a house and then began to pretend they were honey pots, which apparently belong on the couch.


And of course you can't have a bunch of big cans hanging around without feeling the need to do a little drumming!

1 comment:

Sox said...

Way to go, keeping up on your food storage. I wish I was that good. Enjoy the quiet (well less noise) while you miss your boys.