Thursday, June 12, 2008

Softball Season 2008

Softball season for Charity and Gracie is coming to a close. Gracie's last game was tonight. Last year she played t-ball and she was a little apprehensive about moving up to "coach pitch" this year. She did great and was able to connect with the ball quite a bit.One of her favorite positions was catcher. It's the place where you get the most action when your team isn't up at bat. Her other favorite position was sitting on the bench fooling around with her teammates.

We love cheering our kids on. Today I was yelling for her as she rounded the bases. She stopped at third, which was close to where we were sitting, and I started calling "All right Gracie! Way to go!" etc. I was mostly just heckling her to see if she would turn around and give us one of her funny looks. She did, and then she held her finger up to her lips in the "SHHHH" position.

2 comments:

Dianna said...

Ha! Reminds me of a friend growing up who would always say (with good reason), "Mother, you're embarrassing me!"

The Amazing Trips said...

I always liked playing in the outfield because I could do gymnastics. Although, sitting on the bench socializing was fun, too!!