Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Free Time and Se7ens

I have found myself in an awkward situation this evening. All six kids have gone to spend the night at Grandma's house. The kitchen is clean. The laundry is almost done. Now what do I do? Should I resist the urge to clean out my kid's closets while they are away (the perfect time to get rid off all those clutterful toys they never play with)? Should I polish the cabinets, clean out the fridge, or deep clean the laundry room? Or should I SCRAPBOOK or take a long BATH or SNUGGLE up with my HUSBAND and watch a movie? Or there's that QUILT I've been meaning to get back to. Or maybe I can go SHOPPING. ALONE. Decisions, decisions. It will probably take me all night to decide, then I won't have any time to actually do anything.

On another note, Nettie tagged me with the Se7ens meme. So here are 42 things you never wanted to know about me:

Seven things I want to do before I die:

1. Finish my bachelors degree.
2. Write and publish a novel.
3. Have all my kids and their (future) spouses with me in the temple.
4. Get the laundry done.
5. Some how let my parents know how truly thankful I am for them.
6. Take all my kids (and husband) to Hawaii.
7. Restore an old home.

Seven things I cannot do:
1. Go to bed without checking on my kids.
2. Make cookies without snitching the dough.
3. Get up before 6:00am.
4. The splits (the kids asked me to try this recently -- ouch!).
5. Keep an indoor plant alive.
6. Keep my purse organized.
7. Keep from worrying about my kids.

Seven things that attracted me to my spouse:
1. His kindness towards all people.
2. His integrity.
3. His gorgeous blue/green eyes and long eyelashes.
4. His smile.
5. His ski slope nose.
6. His sense of humor.
7. His desire to serve the Lord.

Seven things that I say often:
1. Did you flush?
2. Who forgot to flush?
3. Hey sweet girl/boy.
4. I love you.
5. Are you poopy?
6. How was school/your friend's house/scouts/work/etc.
7. I'm right here.

Seven Books I Love:
1. The scriptures
2. Harry Potter Series
3. Ann of Green Gables
4. Ender's Game
5. Harriet the Spy (from my youth)
6. Positive Discipline
7. My husbands journal. He lets me read it, really.

Seven Movies I Could Watch Over and Over:
1. The Princess Bride
2. A Christmas Story
3. Annie
4. Pirates of the Caribbean
5. Pride and Prejudice (LDS Version, I'm so deprived I haven't seen the new one yet.)
6. Home Videos -- do those count?
7. Indian Jones Movies

Seven People I'd Like to hear Sevens from:
Okay I'm still kinda new to the blog world, so if you've already done this one, just ignore me. Or if you hate memes, ignore me.
1.Utmommy
2.Rachelle
3.Gabriela
4.Stephanie
5.Oshee(When you get your new computer, of course!)
6.Itybtyfrog
7.Carrie

Side note: Isn't it funny that the Blogger spell check doesn't recognize the word blog?

6 comments:

Nettie said...

All your suggestions sound like pleasant ways to spend the evening. So, what did you do?

Thanks for playing! Your flushing comments made me laugh. I guess I should have put them in mine, too!

snowelf said...

OMG--I have this same free time dilemma!!

I always get a chuckle out of the spell checker not recognizing "blog" too!

--snow

Blackeyedsue said...

I'll play!!!

How would it be to have time alone?!?!? I haven't had that in four years (the amount of time since DH started working from home in a virtual office). I think I have forgotten what it is like. You are LUCKY!!!

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but unless you decide to become nudists, the laundry will NEVER, EVER be done! I depressed myself with this all last week.

I still don't know how to use blogger spell check.

Lynne@Oberon said...

I can completely relate to "I'm right here!" ... I seem to say that a thousand times a day :) And I'm the same with free time, I get all stressed about using it the BEST way possible.

Erickson Family said...

Amen to not getting up before 6 a.m. There is a reason the sun isn't out then.

OK I totally forgot about Pirates of the Carribean. I LOVED that one! Johnny Depp has never been better.

Great post.

oshee said...

I finally did the meme. :-D