Monday, May 29, 2006

Woman Over Thirty Laments

Metabolism, Metabolism, what have you done?
Now that you've changed, life is no fun!
Once you kept me svelte and slender,
Now I'm getting plump and tender!
Ice cream, Oreos, donuts too!
My appetite hasn't changed, why have you?
Now a little chocolate here and there,
(just a few calories spare)
sticks to my thighs like butter on bread,
Metabolism, you used to be my friend!
I jog, I lift, I ride the bike
yet still I seem to loose the fight!
Metabolism, one request I plead--
burn those calories with speed!

9 comments:

Blackeyedsue said...

LMBO!!! WHERE did you find this?!?!?! Can I have your permission to send it to some friends? I am definately going to print it and paste it on my fridge!

This just SO made my day!!!!

Nettie said...

Funny Poem! Did you write it?

owlhaven said...

Too funny!!!!!!!!!!
Mary

Karla said...

Yes, I wrote this little diddy. I'm glad you like it. Feel free to share it with whomever you like. We're all in this boat together!

momsmusings said...

This is soooo funny!! What an awesome talent to have!! I know the feeling of that metabolism thing too!! Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I read thorugh some of yours here and even though I don't normally sahre my kids names, I wanted to let you know that my 4 year old is named Grace, whom we refer to as Gracie as welL!!

utmommy said...

I love the poem!!! It fits me perfectly. I need to copy that, do you care?

Undercover Angel said...

LOL! I love it. It's so true - I've printed it out!

Karla said...

utmommy -feel free to copy it. Glad there is someone else out there like me!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! TOTALLY sums up my thoughts!
Great blog by the way!
Thanks for poppin' over to my place!