I have known for quite a while that summer break was on it's way. A few clues:
I'm just as sick of going over spelling words as my kids are.
One more time through the multiplication flash cards may result in carpal tunnel (sp?).
My stash of 10 for $10.00 drink boxes from Albertsons is getting low.
I don't care what funky outfit my kids wear to school, as long as they have their shoes on when they head out the door.
"Field Day" has come and gone (no sunburns this year!).
It's way to light outside to put the kids to bed at a decent hour.
I think I'm just as ready for school to be out as my kids are. I am so looking forward to some long and lazy days with my crew. I always let the kids choose a few things to be involved in during the summer months: swim lessons, science camps, etc. and we'll be having a couple of short vacations, but most of my plans include sprinklers and slip-n-slides, a big box of art supplies, and lots of trips to the library followed by lots of time squished together on the couch reading. Less rushing, less telling them, "you have to. . . ", and more time just letting them be kids.
Tuesday, May 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh that sounds so nice to be done with school for a few months... have some good ole fun with the kiddos and take lots of pictures! Sounds like you have some fun plans!
I'm with you! I can't wait for summer!
I can't wait for summer either. Sometimes I think homework is more work for the parents than it is for the kids. Yeah for summer!!
me too! I love summer.
I love that you let them wear whatever they want when they leave the house!
I'm excited for summer, too! I'm so tired of making lunches every morning, and trying to beat the bus to the bus stop. In a month we'll probably all have changed our minds, though!
Post a Comment