Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Potty Training Woes

I'm running out of time. Fast. Yes, summer break is on it's way and I have yet to start the potty training process with the twins.

"Summer is the perfect time to potty train your kids," is the advice I've been given. And I agree to some extent. The lack of cumbersome clothing, letting your kid run around half naked in the warm weather . . . Yet at this point in my motherhood, when summer vacation rolls around our main bathroom becomes grand central station. Four potty trained kids, one toilet. I only have to hearken back to spring break. The snake was busy that week.

How fun will it be to sit in the bathroom reading stories and playing pattycake only to be constantly interrupted? Do I dare leave my little ones under the supervision of an older sibling? Actually, that might not be a bad idea. Or I could put the little potty in the master bathroom. Nah, that room is sacred.

Never the less, the potty training must begin. Three weeks. Who am I kidding? None of my kids ever potty trained in less than six months. Sigh. Maybe I'll just wait for school to start up again. What's three more months of changing diapers?

No comments: