Saturday, May 20, 2006

Girls Night In a Success

Me and the gals, plus youngest son who didn't get to go camping, had a great evening. Charity (7) and Gracie (4) started out the evening with an hour+ bubble bath in the jetted bath tub. Then my little prunes and I had dinner consisting of mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, and/or chicken pot pies with sides of princess fruit snacks, string cheese and Sprite. Their choices, of course.

Next we all settled down in front of the TV with bowls of popcorn and m&ms to watch Disney's "Tarzan." I guess we're working up to the girlie flicks. Gracie did really like Jane's dress though.

It was past bedtime so we put the twins in their cribs and the girls, having exacted a promise from me that they could sleep in my bed with me the next time dad was out of town, climbed into my bed. We read The Trouble with Tink until Gracie's eyes got so heavy she couldn't enjoy the pictures.

I'm sure you can guess how much sleep I got between the kicking, nudging, and bed wetting. (I told that little stinker to wear the "Goodnights" but she had faith that her "magic underwear" wouldn't fail her. A rude awakening for all of us.)

The boys had a great time too. They got to fish and generally run wild with all the other kids (and their dad).

I really enjoyed putting aside my usual activities and spending the time focusing on my kids. They are so awesome.

2 comments:

Nettie said...

What a fun mom you are! We had our stake father son campout this friday, too. I wasn't the cool mom you were, but we did have a couple friends sleep over and watch a movie.

Gabriela said...

Sounds like fun. An hour in a jetted tub sounds like a dream! Isn't it funny how they NEVER forget a promise?