Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day and More

One of the joys of having six kids is that if only one or two kids show up to your child's birthday party, you still have at least seven kids in attendance. Unfortunately for my soon to be nine year old son we realized a little too late that the weekend following his birthday was our father and sons camp out. We had to hurriedly put together a little party for him, giving his friends only two days notice. He didn't seem to mind that it wasn't well attended. In fact he seemed more interested in watching what was on the Disney channel at the pizza parlor than he was in his party.

Mother's Day was divine. I GOT TO SLEEP IN AS LONG AS I WANTED. That's right, no breakfast in bed. I was so glad. No one came in to ask me when I was getting up, to tell me they were hungry, to ask me where their clothes were or if I could come mix up more juice. And it didn't end their. My husband cooked a great roast beef dinner for me and my mother in law. I got flowers, cards, pictures, etc. True to my word I did not leave all the responsibilities on my husband and helped with lunch, clean up, kid stuff, etc. The best part of the day was sitting around playing Uno with the family. Just relaxing and being together one of the best parts of being a mom.

"Sleeping Nudies" update: after my last post I went to tuck in my little girl and found her not only still in her PJs, but that she had complemented her night time ensamble with boots and a purse. A new fetish has begun.

1 comment:

Gabriela said...

What a great Mother's Day treat! I get breakfast in bed, but I have to admitt that sometimes I just rather sleep (just between you and me:)).

I got a roast beef dinner too!

Thanks for visiting my blog!