Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Happy Birthday Big Guy

Today is your ninth birthday. I tried to make it special for you, and I think it turned out even better than I planned. You woke up excited this morning, ran into my room and reminded me that your were nine today. We already had your birthday party, so I don't think you expected much more than to have your favorite meal for dinner (pizza).

After school Dad took you and all the kids to try out your RC airplane you got at your party. I set the table and put an one more present (Lego racers) at your place. I caught up with you at the park and proceeded to fly your plane into a tree for you. Dad had to climb about twenty feet before he was able to shake it down.

You were so excited to see a present when we got back from the park and getting the pizza. You ripped open the gift, snarfed down your dinner and built both sets in record time.

Then it was off to pack meeting where you were awarded your Wolf, a gold arrow point, and a belt loop. Everyone sang happy birthday to you. Then you took off with Grandma to go shopping for another present (more Legos). You got to bed late and will probably be a bit of the grouch in the morning, but you were all smiles today, so we'll just have to deal with it. I hope your day was wonderful. I love you.

2 comments:

Nettie said...

Happy Birthday to your son! Don't they grow up so fast? Oh, and thanks for visiting my blog!

Erickson Family said...

How fun! This is my brother's birthday too but now he is 33. They do grow up fast.

I enjoy your blog and thanks for visiting mine!