What is it about girls and clothes? Sure, it's an inborn trait for girls to love shoes, change outfits multiple times a day, and have fetishes for anything that can be worn as a necklace, belt, bracelet or attached to the hair. As a girl myself I accept and embrace this trait, although I could do without the extra laundry.
What baffles me is why all three of my daughters, while loving to play dress up, get into my jewelry and clomp around the house in my heels, have gone through a stage of stripping down in bed?
This was never a problem with the boys, although my oldest son did like to unzip his jammies to his belly button, exposing his chest Elvis style. And my twin boy will occasionally remove his onesie after watching his sister.
On the other hand, twin girl (age 2) strips down to her diaper every night (thank goodness the diaper stays on!) and throws the jammies behind her crib. Trying to re-dress her after she falls asleep is an exercise in futility. I only end up waking her just enough that she takes the thing back off as soon as I leave the room.
My best solutions for now:
A) put the onesie on backwards and safety pin it in place -- if I can find a safety pin -- or put the zip-up sleeper on backwards. Tricky if it is footed, but not impossible.
B) just cover her up with a blanket after she is asleep. It's summer time anyway.
I guess I just won't worry about it too much until the weather gets cold again. And I guess the flame-retardant jammies aren't really an issue either. Just keep the diaper on, that's all I ask.
Friday, May 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment