Friday, May 16, 2008

Summer Count Down:

Eight Days. Five actual school days.

I stopped reminding the kids to do homework because I thought they had all told me there was no more homework for the rest of the year, until before school this morning when one child complained that she had three day's worth of homework in her backpack and "Why aren't you reminding me to do my homework?!" Oops.

I am determined to be organized and feel ready for when school gets out. Today I NEED to clean out the van. It hasn't been cleaned out since before soccer season, and now that we are into softball season it is only getting worse. I hate driving in a messy car, and starting out a trip in one even worse!!!! So before we start taking road trips and day trips I'd like to get a handle on all the trash, crumbs, and clothing items that have taken up residence in my vehicle.



Summer Vacation Countdown:

Reasons I Can't Wait for Summer!

#3 No homework. Homework for the kids means homework for me. We all need a break. This does not mean we will not be learning anything over the summer; my husband and I always find ways to encourage the kids to read or improve in an area that they might not be up to par on during the summer. But we are much more relaxed about it and usually we have some kind of fun reward to look forward to.
* * *

After reading this at Amazing Trips I thought I'd share pictures of my doggy door. It's big. We made it ourselves. It drives Dad crazy.

1 comment:

The Amazing Trips said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

I suppose we don't really a larger doggy door >> all we need is to rip the screen!! :)