Saturday, June 07, 2008

The Boy is Back

My 12 year old son is back in town, and no worse for the wear. The scouts actually came home early because the weather conditions became cold, rainy, and snowy. When I got the call that they were heading home early because of this I pictured my son suffering, soaked through to the bone with purple lips and numb feet. He popped through the door of our house smiling and happy as ever. His face was a little sunburned and he had worn the same pair of socks the whole time, but all in all he had a successful camp. AND he said his favorite part was HIKING TEN MILES through the Grand Canyon, even though it was hard and the steep parts were freaky. WOW. I am so proud of him!

My second son (11) had missed him. They had never been apart for more than one night in their entire lives. Once his big brother got home he followed him around for an hour and talked his ear off.

* * *

Conversation overheard between two of my daughters:

"Do you want to play something different after dinner?"

"Yeah, lets play something where we pretend we are sisters."

5 comments:

Jeanette said...

The same socks! That made me laugh. 12 year old boys! :-)
I am glad he had so much fun!

Anonymous said...

good to hear that all was well! 10 miles...nothing Mom! What are ya worried about ;)
BG

Anonymous said...

Yeah! So glad he's safe!

That sister comment is hilarious! That's one of the ones that'll go down in history in your family!

Gabriela said...

I'm glad he's back safe and sound! 10 miles-wow that's a long hike!

I really enjoyed your sibling woes post-glad to know I am not alone and I will think about it later today when my kids are practically knocking me over to tattle on each other.

I have a good life said...

That is so funny! It sounds like something my kids would say! :)