Sunday, July 13, 2008

Snip Snip

Gracie has been growing her hair out in hopes of helping out another child by donating it to Locks of Love, an organization that accepts donated hair to be made into wigs for child cancer patients.

Gracie's hair was finally long enough and we gave it a whack this week. I cut off about eleven inches of hair (the minimum needed was ten) and then took her into the salon to get it styled. Gracie seemed to enjoy the experience (I usually just give the girls trims at home) and came out looking just a cute as ever!

Tabitha was asking for short hair too, in fact she was insisting on it. Thinking how much easier it would be to brush, but still with much trepidation, I cut about eight inches off. Her new do is just above her shoulders and she really likes it. Whew! Her hair wasn't long enough to donate so I put it in a ponytail and I'll just save it for her so she can see how light it was when she was little when she gets older. The back already looks a lot darker with the bottom cut off!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Gracie. That's a beautiful thing you have done for others!

It was fun catching up after being away for a week. Looks like you've been busy too!

Anonymous said...

That's such a lovely thing to do. I hope someone has some fabulous new hair as result of your lovely daughter.

The Broken Man

http://theblogofabrokenman.blogspot.com/

andalucy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!

That is a really great thing for your daughter to do. I keep trying to get my girls to donate some of their very long hair to Locks of Love, but they're all too vain.

Jeanette said...

Oh! You are really making me look forward to my babies hair growing more. I look forward to having a daughter with hair! :-)