Monday, July 28, 2008
Harvest
Okay, I'm feeling a little guilty for blowing off steam a little earlier, so I thought I'd add something on a more positive note: Look what we grew!
My husband has been carefully cultivating our grapevines for three years now.
The grapes are fairly small, not like the ones you get at the grocery store, but they have so much more flavor. It's almost like eating candy. A treat my husband likes it to take some fresh off the vine, stick them in the freezer for about fifteen minutes, and have a fresh, cool snack.The kids are really enjoying them too, and it is so fun for them to see how grapes are grown.
It's also fun to be able to share our harvest with friends and family, as our vines are producing plenty - even for a family of eight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Don't worry...we all are allowed to be grumpy once in a while. I'm just not sure how to put it into my blog nicely since I am planning to blurb.com my blog. But I don't want it to be unrealistic either. We all have bad days!!
Neat to see your grapes!
Don't feel guilty for blowing off steam. I just read that post and I think we all need to blow off steam sometimes. Besides, it is better that you blow it off here than you lose it with your kids next time they ask for a glass of milk! :-)
The grapes look great. We had grape vines when I was a kid and we loved harvest time.
Totally drooling over the grapes. Yum.
Every one needs to put their feelings on the table... the good, bad, and ugly.
Um WOW! I am envious over here!
Post a Comment