This year was Jacob's last chance to participate. It was Dad's last chance to help a son build a sweet "ride" for four years (when Tim is in Cub's). Needless to say, it had to be good.
Jacob patterned his car's shape after Speed Racer, painted it white, and added some glow in the dark paint for special effects. Too bad they didn't run the races in the dark! They had a little trouble getting the wheels right because of the shape of the car, but there was no need to worry, See the blue ribbons? Undisputed first place. Way to end your Cub Scout career man!
A tradition in our pack is to let anyone who wants to race a car have at it after the official races are done. Gracie was able to convince her dad to help to build a car to race (I don't know why I didn't get a photo of that, I'll have to add it in later!), Jeremy brought an old car and Jacob let Charity and Tabitha use his old cars. 
Both Tim and Jacob provided great entertainment as they ran, hopped, and jumped alongside the track as the cars raced down.
3 comments:
A lot of my friends think I am crazy, but I am really looking forward to my son starting scouts.
My son saw the pictures and told me "I want to make one too." So I guess he is looking forward to scouts as well. :-)
Congrats! My husband had a just for fun Elder's quorum derby a few months ago. We got some great tips from my dad (who, after getting 3rd place with my oldest brother, got some tips from a friend that moved and then got 1st place with my next 3 brothers) and my hubby's car was by far the fastest! Only about 6 more years and my son will be able to do one. :)
How FUN!
Post a Comment