Thursday, July 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Beautiful Girl

I have enjoyed seven years of looking at this sweet face. Seven years of watching this little baby grow into this darling little girl. She is fourth in our family of six children, second daughter, and resident spitfire. As an infant we could never keep her swaddled. Unless she was asleep, her bassinet was always wiggling. Her little fists and feet would poke up over the rim as she tested out her new body.

There is something unconquerable about her. Things roll easily off her back. Almost too easily sometimes, like doing the thing she just got in trouble for ten minutes ago, or (a little confession here), when I apologized for loosing my temper, telling me she doesn't mind if I yell at her.
She gets sad, but can't keep a smile from creeping back onto her lips. She gets frustrated, but hardly ever mopes. Pout for a minute maybe, but not mope.

She gets mad and then, well, she gets in trouble, if you know what I mean. She doesn't have a problem telling us how she feels or what she wants. She has her own ideas and pretty much does her own thing. A typical example from when she was about 18 months. Gracie decides when bathtime is over. It wasn't over.


She is silly, and smart, and has a great sense of humor. She loves to tease. If you happen to be standing by a pool fully clothed, she will be the first one to get out and give you a big wet hug. Someday she will be big enough to push us in.


She's one of those kids who goes all day long and then hits the bed hard at night. At least she doesn't fall asleep in her food anymore.

She is very social and loves to be with friends. She can be very sweet and tender with her siblings, helping to cheer them up when they are sad or sick. Just today Tim was running a fever and she tenderly mopped his forehead with a cool rag.I could go on and on about this energetic, silly, sweet, headstrong child!But this short post will have to suffice. Happy Birthday Gracie. You are so loved!

5 comments:

Twinlinebackers said...

What a nice tribute to your darling daughter. I have always wondered what to write to make up one of those photo books on blurb.com or elsewhere. This whole post would be such a neat book!

Sox said...

I want to know if you live close to me. come to my blog and leave me a private message in my guestbook, or email me from the link under my bio. I live in Parker, CO.

Misty said...

I wanted to say thank you for visiting my blog a few days ago. I appreciate it.

Happy birthday to your sweet one. It's amazing how the time passes so quickly.

Nice to meet you!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! Love the story you told in pictures...it's so good to remember those times. Although it brings tears to my eyes to think of the time flying by.

We have one very similar in personality--she turns seven in Feb!

Jeanette said...

Such great pictures of your daughter!