If there is one thing we are good at sharing in our home, it is germs. I have had sick children for over a week now. The virus we have seems to last two to three days, but as they are passing it around one or two at a time, it is lingering in our house long past it's time. We are sick of being sick, and we are sick of being STUCK AT HOME. No public pools, parks, movie theaters, libraries, etc. Even when they all seem to be feeling well enough to go out, if they've had a fever in the last eight hours I don't feel comfortable taking them out and risk sharing the joy of summer illnesses with another family.
So we are basically self quarantined. Ever heard of cabin fever? Late summer boredom? The two of them combined? That's what my life is looking like right now. Five of the six kids have been sick and I'm crossing my fingers the last one won't get it and we can get out of here and do something fun.
Sigh. Thanks for letting me whine.
The good news is Jeanette from Strong and Immovable has given me a blog award! Hooray! Thanks for brightening my day Jeanette, I love your blog too. :). Tomorrow I'll reveal the sparkling thing and pass it on to some of my favorite bloggers as well!
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I so feel for you! We just had about 10 days of summer sickness ourselves, and you're right - - it TOTALLY SUCKS!
Aww, I hope you get feeling better soon. I wish I could bring you some dinner.
That is no fun! I hope you can get out soon!
I am sorry. I know the stuck at home feeling. We haven't been sick here thankfully but we were quarantined for the whole month of June because we had no car and nothing is in walking distance. The whole month of July we have felt stir crazy if we can't go somewhere ONE day because we still haven't recovered from June. So I know the feeling and I really hope you all get to feeling better very very soon.
OH no, I hope you guys feel better soon. Being sick in the summer stinks!!
Not good. For the mom especially! That's enough to make you go crazy I'm sure!
One thing I did when we were cooped up once was go buy batteries in all sizes. We fixed all the toys that weren't working anymore, and the kids had a great time. We had a light box for crafts, a remote control car that was dead, a cool flashlight toy thing, and a few Fisher-Price dollhouse things....hey, it was $18 I would have spent doing things with them anyways! Just an idea if you are home more of this week.
Post a Comment