Saturday, July 12, 2008

Scrapbook Night

Last night was my yearly scrapbooking getaway with friends. We go out to dinner and then head up to a cabin about forty minutes from my home to scrapbook until our vision blurs. Then we hit the hay and get up in the morning and scrap until after lunch.

This year we deviated from our normal plan. One of our friends had to cancel out on us, so we decided we'd take up our 8/9 year old daughters, since we each have one and they are always begging to go up.

I think Charity enjoyed her time there. I didn't get as much scrapbooking done as I would have had we barred the children from joining us again, but it was nice to have her there and see how much fun she was having at the cabin. She did one scrapbook page and lots of art work using my pens, paper, and extra stickers, as well as playing with the other girls and watching movies. We went to bed at about 1:30am, early for us on a scrapbooking retreat, but very late for the girls.

Still I was able to get caught up on five of my kids scrapbooks and have about three pages to do in the last one, not including the pictures I didn't print out because I wanted to do them digitally (my newest hobby).

Both moms and girls had a great time and are totally exhausted today!!! Thank goodness our husbands put up with our shenanigans!

1 comment:

Richelle said...

That sounds like fun! I need something like that to get caught up on my scrapbooking!